THE CHANCELLOR’S NEW YEAR’S ADDRESS
Angela Merkel calls for social cohesion
These are both realities of our country: the success and confidence, as well as the anxieties and doubts. Both of them motivate me.
- securing existing jobs while also creating entirely new jobs for the future,
- supporting companies even more when it comes to researching and developing innovative technologies,
- making the state a digital pioneer,
- and especially preparing ourselves and our children for digital pro-gress through the best education and further training.
- And, on the other hand, it means:
- focusing on families, relieving the financial burden on them, so that they can find an even better balance between the demands of profes-sional and family life,
- making good and dignified care possible by strengthening the care professions and providing even better support to people who care for family members at home,
- and – not least – providing for equal living conditions in every region of our country, whether in cities or in the countryside.